JOHN F. BAUER III
John Bauer is a skilled and highly accountable IT Professional with experience managing staff in the design, development and implementation of technology (.NET, J2EE, Vendor Packages). He has strong project management and communication skills, experience managing in an on/off shore staffing model and looking to lead a delivery focused team in the Cleveland area.
Windows 200x/NT, UNIX (Solaris, Linux)
Apache, BEA Weblogic, JBOSS, MS-IIS, Netscape LDAP, iPlanet, Sun Directory and Web Server
.NET (C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET), J2EE, Java, NetDynamics, .NET, Visual Basic, JSP, ASP,
MS-SQL Server, Oracle DB, Oracle OAAM/OAM, MS-Access, MS-Anaylsis Services
TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, LDAP
RADIUS/TACX Server, RSA ACE/Server,
Microsoft Site Server, CA/Netegrity Siteminder, Checkpoint Firewall,
Shadow Intruder Detection System, ISS’s Real Secure IDS products
Ariba’s Marketplace & Dynamic Trade Products
Cisco and Checkpoint VPN, Cisco ACE XML Gateway
IBM Tivoli Access Manager, Kronos, Manhattan and Associates, HighJump
Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University
2010 Advancing Manager Certificate
2004 Masters in Business Administration
1998 Bachelors in Management of Information Decision Systems
Speaker, 2011 Information Security Summit
Speaker, 2008 CA World, Identity and Access Management
Speaker, 2008 Oracle World, Identity and Access Management
2007 NACHA ACH Data Security Rules Working Group member
Speaker, Nov. 2007, Gartner Identity and Access Management Conference, Los Angeles, CA
Speaker, Nov. 2007, Oracle OpenWorld, Online Real-time Fraud Detection
Speaker, Aug. 2007, Oracle NEO Enterprise Architecture Quarterly
Speaker, June 2006 NACHA Authentication conference, Reston, VA
Member, 2005 NACHA Credit Push Proof-of-Concept
February 2011 to Present
Key Bank, Inc.
Lead, Enterprise Security Architect
- Responsible for the enterprise security architecture domain of the entire holding company.
- Define multi-year plans for security investments.
- Work with all lines of business and all IT portfolios on strategic and innovation initiatives especially in the on-line, mobile and cloud spaces.
May 2010 to February 2011
MTD Products, Inc.
Valley View, Ohio
MANAGER, Information Technology
Manage a team 6 system architects and 2 senior developers to provide:
- Architecture and systems analysis of core business services spanning the enterprise including ERP, HR, Finance, Assembly line and Warehouse management and automation plus Distribution systems.
- Core application development and integration services
- Leading strategic IT initiatives such SOA, Employee and External User Single Sign On, Enterprise Security, Employee Portal integration and enterprise Identity and Access Management
February 2009 to May 2010
Litigation Management Inc.
Mayfield Hts., Ohio
MANAGER of APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- Manage a team of up to 21 developers, DBAs and Project Managers providing in-house development, vendor software integration, DBA responsibilities, project management and application support functions
- Implemented a new web-based workflow, document management and reporting product line
Implemented a company-wide Business Intelligence solution that provides data cubes for all major
business functional units.
- Implemented a custom developed work flow management solution that delivers work jobs to staff in all
functional areas of the company taking into account job scheduling based on multi-shift resource work
hours, profitability, client deadlines and other prioritization attributes.
- Implemented a new project life-cycle that enables the business to prioritize their IS work against
limited IS resources with clear visibility throughout the project including risk metrics and score carding
- Technologies include: .NET, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, VB, SQL Server etc.
2002 to February 2009
National City Corporation
GROUP MANAGER, Architect, Security Analyst
- Managed a team of IT/developers/engineers (13 employee, 20 contractor on/offshore) providing call
center and branch solutions using both Argo and Microsoft .NET frameworks.
- Managed a team of IT/security engineers providing e-commerce security services and customer single sign-on to the entire holding company using J2EE technologies.
- Implemented and managed a CA/Netegrity Siteminder SOA Single Sign-On service used corporate wide, 3.0+ million users, 850,000+ logins per day, userid/password, RSA token and extended authentication and authorization services using custom Java development and vendor products, RSA ACE Server, Sun One LDAP, Sun Solaris, Oracle OAAM, CA Siteminder
- Developed a web application vulnerability assessment program, averaging 15-20 assessments per
month with an average of 2 FTEs for both in-house and vendor ASP services.
- OCC and Federal Reserve Bank recognized leader among financial institutions for security assessment
1999 to 2001
LEAD NETWORK ENGINEER
Functioned as a lead architect/developer/project manager for E-Commerce initiatives. Researched, implemented and supported information security to ensure authentication, privacy and integrity. Performed network engineering and database administration.
- Implemented user authentication and a RADIUS/TACX Server.
- Configured and implemented RSA ACE/Server version 3.x on Windows NT and upgraded it to version 4.x with RADIUS/TACX Server support for CISCO routers and CISCO VPN concentrators.
- Configured MS-IIS and Netscape iPlanet web servers to utilize SSL encryption.
- Implemented CheckPoint firewall version 3 on Windows NT upgraded to version 4 on Windows NT and installed version 4 on Solaris. In addition, installed support for Secure Remote VPN clients.
- Installed and configured Netscape LDAP Server.
- Implemented and monitored the Navy’s Shadow Intruder Detection System SHADOW to monitor Internet-based intrusion as well as ISS’s Real Secure IDS products.
- Internal lead for an E&Y web infrastructure security audit.
- Technical Lead over four engineers involved in the day to day management of LAN/WAN.
1998 to 1999
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Member of a team responsible for developing a web based cash management system utilizing Java (Net Dynamics 4.x).
1991 to 1998
British Petroleum (1991 to 1998)
DRT (1993 to 1994)
SAIC (1995 to 1998)
SITE MANAGER/LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Performed in a variety of roles for BP revolving around Windows NT/NetWare servers and desktop support for 3000+ users.
- Started in an internal HelpDesk/Infrastructure support role and progressed to be the IT Manager of their Warrensville Research Center.
2004 to present
Cuyahoga Community College, Western Campus, Information Technology and Security
to Cleveland, Ohio